| Home | News | Members | Cases | In The Media | F.A.Q's | PROO(f) TV | Contact Us |


Scugog Shores Museum Villiage
Port Perry, ON
Date: June 8th, 2013
Weather: Clear
Time: 6:00PM - 2:00AM
Investigators: Brad, Katie, Paul, Rob, Ben (Videographer) & MJ (Videographer)


History

Village: Created in the late 60s early 70s by the historical society.

School House: One of the original buildings on the property. The first school house on the property was built just a bit north of where the church is now. In 1860 the school was moved to where it is today.

Barn: Moved to the village from Upper Canada. It is the upper portion of a barn. Not much info was given about this village other then it is English style.

Lee House: Owned by Joseph Lee and his wife Rosina Harrington. This building came from Greenbank. Joseph Lee was a circuit minister which meant he travelled alot. They had twelve children together. Their oldest daughter Sarah Jane married the builder of the home James Miller. The home was built in the 1860s in a victorian style. When Rosina passed away Joseph married another woman and built another home for his family. The house was left to a couple who rented it. It was later abandoned for over 10 years until it was donated to the village by a distant Lee relative.

Head Memorial Church: This building is the other original building on the property (just the church and school are original to property).This church was the first on the Island for the "White people" not Natives. It was built in the 1860s after the causeway was constructed. Construction ended in 1861. The church has had several ministers due to the lack of money to care for them. Just like a teacher the community was in charge of providing a home and food for the minister. They relied on community members to read the Bible and circuit preachers.The tea room was added on in 1921 for a community and social centre. In 1969 funds were low and the historical society showed interest for the museum. Weddings are still held here.



Reported Activity

Apparitions of a woman, a child and an elderly man have been seen in the Lee house located on property. This house built in 1865 was occupied by the Lee family and their children. Footsteps have also been heard on the upper floor of the Lee house, presumed to be children as the upper floor was the children's bedroom. As well, curtains have been pulled aside when no one was in within the house.

While behind the Woodwright Shop and Barn, men can be heard arguing. Also, horses can at times be heard walking in the barn while there are no horses on the property. The history surrounding the barn is unclear, many presume it was used during the prohibition. A man has taken his life within the barn by hanging himself.

Located within the Head Memorial Church, reportedly many have experience feelings of distraught and sadness while sitting in a particular pew. Sounds of crying have been heard in the back room which was used for the family of the deceased to say their final farewells. Pictures were taken within the Church that shows a woman standing in one of the doorways, as well a picture taken from outside the church, show a Native American boy standing in the front doorway.

In the school house, a typewriter has been heard as well as the ding associated with typing. Music has been heard within the school room, specifically "Beautiful Dreamer". Footsteps have been heard during the song suggesting the children were dancing to the song. On one occasion, footsteps were heard running towards the front door, and the door slammed afterwards. The basement of the school house is currently used for archives. Some have reported seeing an old gas mask fall and when returned to its spot, it falls again.



Areas of Interest

The proo(f) team focused on the Lee house, Barn, Church and the school house.



Investigation Report

1) Introduction

After set up and a tour of the facility, Paul and Katie conducted an EVP session in the Lee House, followed by the Barn. While they conducted their session, Brad, Rob, an employee of Scugog and a guest conducted an EVP session in the Church. A conversation was held with a spirit with the help of the Ghost Radar app. After which the two teams switched and conducted EVP sessions in the other locations. Paul and Katie investigated the barn located behind the church, as well as an Ojibwa Heritage Exhibit. Paul then proceeded to conduct a solo vigil in the Lee House while the team regrouped in the school house. EVP sessions were held in the school room as well as the basement. Music was utilized within the school room to encourage interaction with the spirits.

2) Personal Experiences

On many occasions throughout the different buildings, EMF detectors went off and seemed as though we were able to converse with spirits through them.

An employee of the Museum felt overwhelmed with sadness an started crying during an EVP session in the Church.

3) Evidence Collected

The Ghost Radar said the words "Husband" and "Lee" when we were in the mourning room at the church. This can be seen as significant since the Lee house is on property and Joseph Lee was possibly a minister at the church.

One EVP's was collected while at this location, What is being said is debated among the team.:

EVP01



* There is a controversy concerning orbs in regards to their authenticity. Although many are believed to be authentic, there are still many showing up as a result of airborne particles (dust) at the time of the flash. This happens in both indoor & outdoor shots. Because of this, it makes it hard to disassociate the false positive orbs from the real ones. We at proo(f) leave the interpretation of the anomalies to you.


© 2011 proo(f) - Paranormal Researchers of Ontario - All Rights Reserved.